Hello! I'm Molly, a Senior Environment Artist at Blizzard working on Overwatch 2. Before that I worked on Hogwarts Legacy, and New World (Amazon's MMO). I've also worked on Marvel and Star Wars videogames along with other popular franchises.
In my freetime I create illustrations and cute merchandise that I sell on my Etsy shop. I love telling stories, creating worlds, and bringing characters to life. I've always had a strong interest in crafting everything from novels and cosplays, to character designs. I graduated in 2014 from Ringling College of Art and Design majoring in Game Art & Design.
- Currently working as a Senior Environment Artist on Overwatch 2.
- Creating new Overwatch 2 maps as well as updating content for legacy Overwatch maps.
- Worked as an Environment Artist on Hogwarts Legacy, an open-world Harry Potter game (released in Feb 2023).
- Created several finished environments (from concepts) for an unannounced game using UE5.
- Worked as a world-builder and architecture / prop artist on New World, the fantasy MMO by Amazon Games that released in September 2021 (using Lumberyard engine).
- Worked as a world-builder on an unannounced game using UE4.
- Worked as a world-builder & architecture lead / prop artist on an unannounced game using UE4.
- Worked as an Environment Artist and World-builder on new remastered HD maps for World of Tanks (Maps: Live Oaks and Tundra).
- Worked in the capacity of a Prop Lead. Generated the lists of assets we needed, worked on most of the props and buildings in the game in one way or another, created zoo maps for all our buildings / props and kept them organized, was the primary go-to artist for all art assets, assigned tasks to others, and provided feedback for outsourcing assets.
- Created hundreds of blockouts, props, buildings, and modular kits based on photo reference, concept art, and / or my own designs.
- Took assets from the concept stage (including making my own paintovers) to the final lowpoly in-game asset with collision, custom LOD's, and physics versions.
- Collaborated closely with the level designers and world-builders to create new assets and ensure they meet all gameplay needs. Also designed and created special mission props.
- Worked as a world-builder on maps with the propriety map editor and tools. Includes set dressing the maps, vertex painting assets, terrain painting and sculpting, foliage painting, decal placement, HLOD generation, and map iteration based on feedback.
- Frequently play-tested the game with co-workers and provided feedback for the maps and gameplay.
- Problem-solved technical bugs on assets and maps, ensuring seamless gameplay and high quality visuals.
- Worked as an Environment Artist on Star Wars: The Old Republic expansions "Knights of the Fallen Empire" and "Knights of the Eternal Throne."
- Did set dressing, level layout, and world-building, including terrain/flora creation, lighting, and post-processing.
- Modular asset and texture creation, and prop/level optimization.
- Worked closely with level designers and cinematic artists on environments to meet their needs for gameplay and camera shots.
- Provided in-depth feedback from frequent play-testing, and did bug fixing.
- Worked with external outsourcers in creating high-quality assets for the game that fit our style.
- Created illustrated concepts for various vehicles and props.
- Painted textures based on concepts and made 3D model/UV fixes for characters in Marvel's Avengers Academy game.
- Worked together with a team and made changes based on iterative feedback from the client.
- Kept teammates organized and met daily and weekly deadlines based on the client's needs.
- Commissioned to design and draw characters, illustrations, and graphics.
- Works as a Freelance Artist with individual clients and small businesses to develop high-quality art in a timely manner.
- Designs and creates a variety of merchandise that is sold online and at conventions.
- Summer Internship
- Illustrated and animated characters and props in Adobe Flash for interactive storybooks for the iPad.